the Agreement Making Process:
- Secretary of State authorizes negotiation
- U.S. representatives negotiate
- Agree on terms, and upon authorization of Secretary of State, sign
- Three types of agreements
based on the Presidentís Constitutional authority (executive agreements) 2.
Agreements pursuant to legislation or Congressional-Executive agreement, and
3) Agreements pursuant to treaty (authorization is based on a treaty
previously ratified by U.S.).
- Agreement enters into force
- President transmits agreement to Congress (pursuant to